查看原文
其他

世界写给2016的一封信

2016-12-31 LearnAndRecord

Dear 2016: It's over!

By Thom Patterson, CNN


Dear 2016,

亲爱的2016,


Pack your bags; we're done. It was one disappointment after another with you.

收拾行装,该结束了。和你一起的日子,失望接踵而至。


Just how bad were you? Let us count the ways.

你究竟多糟糕?让我来数一数。


You just took and took and took, 2016

你带走一个、又一个、再一个,2016



You took , , .

你带走了“王子”、鲍威和科恩。


You took and . and .

你带走了派特·康洛伊和哈珀·李。拳王阿里和阿诺德·帕尔默。


You took , and

里克曼和安东

John Glenn lived enough life for three people as a history-making astronaut, presidential candidate and US senator. .

约翰格兰是创造历史的宇航员、总统候选人和参议员,他经历了三种人生,你也把他带走。


No matter what your politics, you can't deny that , , and made a difference in their lifetimes. They're all gone too, because of you.

不管你政治观点如何,你都无法否认安东宁·斯卡利亚、汤姆·海登、珍妮特·雷诺和南希·里根让你的生活有所不同。他们都不在了,全因为你。


2016, you unleashed hell

2016年,你带来灾难



The numbers are just mind-boggling[1]:

以下数字触目惊心:


More than 80 in .

尼斯卡车袭击造成80余人死亡。


44 dead in the Istanbul

32 in the .

布鲁塞尔爆炸造成32人死亡。


49 in Orlando, in .

奥兰多枪击案导致49人丧生,创美国历史枪击案死亡人数之最。


Cops shot and killed black men in a and . A sniper killed five officers Dallas - the .

警察在路易斯安纳州和明尼苏达州枪杀黑人。一个狙击手在达拉斯杀死5名警察,这是911以来美国执法部门单次事故死亡率最高的案件。


And the bloody, brutal Syrian civil war . Those who were able to flee risked death in the Mediterranean's unforgiving waters, where .

血腥、残酷的叙利亚内战迁延不决。能逃亡的冒死游过危险的地中海,今年的死亡率更甚往年。


You dished out a lot of misery

你造成诸多痛苦



It's impossible to candy-coat it, 2016. When it came to misery, you went full-throttle[2].

我实在没办法美化你,2016。说到痛苦,你才当仁不让。


You forced thousands from their homes with historic flooding , in and in Louisiana -- .

你给欧洲、朝鲜和路易斯安那州带来史无前例的洪水,迫使成千上万人离开家园,后者是自桑迪飓风以来美国最严重的洪涝灾害。


You created Haiti's worst humanitarian crisis this decade with . And Ecuador still hasn't recovered from the quake in April that .

飓风马修给海地造成十年来最严重的人道主义危机。厄瓜多尔还未从四月的地震中缓过神来,地震导致600多人死亡。


You brought trouble to the skies too.

你还给天空制造麻烦


In May, everyone aboard an EgyptAir plane died when it We


In November, a in Colombia, killing 71.

十一月,一架载着巴西足球队的喷气式飞机在哥伦比亚坠毁,71人丧生。


As if all that isn't enough. You broke .

如果这还不够,你还带来史上最热的夏季。


You tore us apart, 2016

你把我们撕裂,2016



We're glad the elections are over, but the wounds you inflicted will take a long time to heal.

我们很高兴选举结束了,可撕裂的伤口需要更久才能愈合。


Republican Donald Trump . Democrat Hillary Clinton . And America's torn in half and uncertain of the path ahead.

共和党人唐纳德·特朗普赢了选举人票,入主白宫,而民主党人希拉里赢得了选民。美国被一撕两半,前路尚不明朗。


Britain's .

退欧后的英国也半斤八两。


But hey 2016, we'll give you this

不过,我们承认你也有些功劳


You get props for getting some things right, like the .

你也做了些好事,你带来1948年以来最明亮的超级月亮。


The in 108 years.

芝加哥小熊队108年来首次夺冠。


And you did a solid for the McDonald family whose conjoined twins were after a 27-hour surgery.

你给麦克唐纳家带来福气,经过27小时的手术,他们的连体婴儿成功分离。


You gave us some much-needed laughter from and two joyful weeks of Olympic thrills, including the US .

你让《星球大战》里的楚巴卡给我们带来期待已久的笑声,还送给我们两周精彩刺激的奥运会,尤其是美国体操五人组的精湛表演。


Oh, and during your watch, the US unemployment rate the lowest in 10 years.

对了,就在你看护下,美国失业率降到4.6%,创10年来最低。


So yeah, you were better than, say, the year the bubonic plague took hold in Europe, eventually killing a third of the population. But .

没错,你比黑死病横行欧洲那年要好,那场瘟疫杀死三分之一的人口,可那是1348年。


The best part of you, 2016, is December 31the day you slink out of town.

2016,你最好的一天是12月31日,这天你悄么声的溜走了。


Let's hope 2017 is as good as you were bad.

让我们寄望于2017,愿它的好不输你的坏。


Sincerely,

此致 敬礼

The world.

世界

英文原文:http://t.cn/RIgEG5g

中文翻译:http://t.cn/RIaLEEX

翻译来源:英文联播(仅供参考)

······

注释

[1]mind-boggling:extremely surprising and difficult to understand or imagine 令人难以想象的;十分惊人的

She was paid the mind-boggling sum of ten million dollars for that film.

那部电影她的片酬达到了上千万美元的天文数字。

[2]at full/half throttle:at full/half speed or power 以全速/半速;尽全力/以一半的力量

He's working at full throttle (= as hard as he can) to get the job finished.

他正全力以赴完成工作。

The captain of the boat had his engines at full throttle.

船长让船开足马力全速行驶。

[3]electoral college:(in the US) a group of people who come together to elect the President and Vice-President, based on the votes of people in each state 总统选举团(在美国由各州选民投票推选组成,集中在一起选举总统和副总统)

······

2016年终大盘点 回顾年度事件

https://v.qq.com/txp/iframe/player.html?vid=r1414sxnosj&width=500&height=375&auto=0


您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存